Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Overlapping Candy Canes with COLOR

I ran across the overlapping candy cane lesson and thought that I would give it a shot with my 2nd graders.  Well, I ran into a few problems.  

Directions and Tips: šŸ˜
First, I traced and cut out tracers for the kids.  The tracers were not very effective.  The kids had difficulty holding the tracers down and tracing the candy cane.  Also, the overlapping was quite overwhelming for second grade.  Oh, boy, what a disaster.  Eventually, we got the candy canes traced.  
When the kids finished tracing the candy canes, they colored with the best markers in the world, Mr. Sketch Scented Markers!
Once the candy canes were colored, they had to be outlined with a black marker.

Tip:  DO NOT DO THIS PROJECT WITH 2ND GRADE.  

Overall, most of the candy canes turned out pretty S W E E T!
LšŸ‘€K!







Here's a candy cane song by Sia.  

1965

No comments:

Post a Comment