Thursday, October 19, 2017

Mara Morea Monsters

I ran across Mara Morea Monsters on Etsy at her store art4barewalls (click here).  From fineartamerica.com, I found the following information about Mara Morea.  LšŸ‘€k!
 i think i have a gift, i've been drawing for as long as i can remember and growing up in communist Romania i didn't have a whole lot of art supplies so i remember licking the paint on the walls in my room to soften it and then scraping true murals with my fingernails. i used to always get in trouble with my teachers at school for biting my fingernails but the truth was they were serving as tools.... they just didn't know and it was my secret. until my parents discovered my creations one day and since then it became a priority for them, as hard as it was financialy to provide me with supplies so that i may keep creating. cool story huh? :) i attended a fine arts highshool in my hometown of Timisoara, Romania and went on to a fine arts university where i achieved a bachelor's degree in graphic design and ambiental design. Thanks for looking! I'm new at this but i will always have new stuff. All my art is original. I use prestreched canvas, high quality primer. All my art is ready to hang. I use canvas that has a gallery or traditional profile, which means there are no staples showing on the sides. I seal every piece of art with lots of coats of varnish and they are so well sealed that FYI i dust the top edge of the ones hanging in my home with lysol wipes. I strive to be different and cool. My 2 year old is the reason i started painting for kids as well as for adults since when i was looking for stuff to decorate his nursery i was surprised not to be able to find cool art for kids rooms. So here i am.
So, there she is and there she was on Etsy.  I just loved her monsters and thought my 2nd graders would also.  I showed pictures of some of Mara Morea's work and the kids took off!  The kids loved that Mara lived in Atlanta, Georgia.  The capital city of our state!

Here is what evolved from showing the kids Mara Morea's artwork.

















I hope the 2nd graders art did not scare you too much!  

Ending with the Monster Mash-BOO YOU! 
šŸ‘€  šŸ‘»  šŸ‘€  šŸ‘»  šŸ‘€  šŸ‘»  šŸ‘€  šŸ‘»  šŸ‘€  šŸ‘»


1965

No comments:

Post a Comment