Monday, September 11, 2017

DO NOT Miss the Boat in Monet's Lily Pond!

While visiting Monet's house in Giverny, I saw this boat in the lily pond.  Quickly, I snapped a photo.  I asked our tour guide did Monet fish?  He told us that the gardeners use the boat to float around and trim the plants.  I loved the boat.  So, what did I do?  I built an art lesson around this boat.
Directions:
I shared photos from this post Click HERE.
We watched the video below and drew boats. (Thanks, Mr. Mayberry!)

Once the boats were drawn, we drew the lily pad garden around the boat. 
The kids colored the boat and the lily pads with oil pastels.
Then, they painted with liquid watercolor.
Once the watercolor was dry, they touched up with oil pastels.

The project was very time consuming.  I am so proud of my students for paddling through!
Don't miss the boat, folks.
1965

No comments:

Post a Comment