Monday, February 27, 2017

Here's a Sundae on a Monday!

5th Grade just loved this project and I just love 5th Grade.  They have so many talented kids in the class.  When I teach them new techniques, the really dig it!  I encouraged them to make tints on the ice cream scoops and they really enjoyed the color mixing process.
Directions:
Kids painted their sundae containers with silver paint.  
Kids painted scoops.
Kids used pom poms and pipe cleaners to decorate with glue guns.  We kept the glue guns on the low temperature because they will burn the mess out of you!  I have some glue gun scars to boast.

Have a taste!
Art teachers, don't you just connect with some classes? I do.  The 5th Grade class is just full of personality and fun.  During this week's lesson, I had several students doing more dancing than art.  And, that is okay with me, sometimes.  Music is part of the arts.  It's all good if it ends on a good note.

I played Kung Fu Fighting, the original by Carl Douglas.  The entire class was up singing and dancing to this song that was released in 1974, when I was in 3rd Grade.
1965

No comments:

Post a Comment