Monday, February 6, 2017

Easy Fingerpainting Heart Art Project


When was the last time you finger-painted? Well, my middle school kids told me the last time they did something like this was in PK or K. I started the lesson by showing an Iris Scott video clip. We disused that she used oils. We were going to use tempera / acrylic paint and no gloves.
I have donated matt board in my room, so I decided we would use this for the paper as it was a little more sturdy. You could use any size paper but the thicker the better. So, look for some heavier weighted paper.
I poured up several painter's palettes for the kids to use. They needed to put their name on the backs. We did need extra paper towels for this lesson. We watched the video and I told the students to keep within a Valentines theme.
My classes were so quiet all day long doing this lesson. It is my favorite lesson so far this year. Everyone was successful.









I hope you all will give this a try! We loved this lesson. The results are full of rich color.
1969



Published on Dec 18, 2015
Learn how to finger paint with oils in 30 minutes. Iris Scott, a professional fingerpainting artist in Brooklyn has taken this technique to a whole new level. With simple to follow steps, Iris guides the beginner through easy instruction that anyone can do. Fingerpaintings are best made with thick oil texture, you'll learn, and by investing in some quality oils by Holbein Duo you can make this vibrant little koi scene. This first video of many more to come is Iris' way of spreading the joy of finger painting with as many people as she can. Art therapy, finger painting with fancy oils is good for the soul. You'll need 11 colors, a canvas, gloves, and a table top. Link to the complete materials kit found here: http://www.artistcraftsman.com/iris-scott-kit.html

No comments:

Post a Comment