Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Pop Art Pumpkins

Need an art activity that relates to Fall?  How about the warm colored pumpkins on cool background squares that you see below?  The third graders did a great job on this 3 week project.

Directions:
I had the kids divide their sheet by folding into 4 sections.
I gave them blue, purple, and green paint.  I told them to add white and make tints.
I told them to paint each square with the tints.
In the following art class, they drew and painted a pumpkin. 
When painting the pumpkin, I encouraged them to use several tints of orange.
Once our painting was complete, we outlined the pumpkins with sharpies and glued them on our cool color painting.
Have a look!

I like this pumpkin project.  It does not just jump out at you with "Happy Halloween"or "Happy Thanksgiving".  This is a Pumpkin "Pop Art" Project that includes lots of art basics, but I chose to focus on tints. 

Is a pumpkin a vegetable or a fruit?  My googling results seem to point towards fruit.  What kind of fruit?  Sit down, folks.  A Pumpkin is a BERRY!

Speaking of Berries, here is Chuck Berry jamming with Eric Clapton and Keith Richards.  Pretty cool jam session...


1965

No comments:

Post a Comment