Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Rizzi Meets Van Gogh

For this 7th Grade project, I had the kids combine the old with the new.  They were required to incorporated James Rizzi Art with Vincent Van Gogh's "Starry Night".  The project was quite involved, but I was very pleased with the results.  

Directions:

I talked a little about James Rizzi.  We have posted on him before click here James Rizzi Post.  Also, I showed a video on Rizzi Art.  Click here for James Rizzi Video

Then, I talked about  Vincent Van Gogh and Starry Night.  We have posted on Van Gogh many times.  Click here for previous Van Gogh posts.  I found a cool interactive video.  Click here for Van Gogh Interactive Video on Youtube by xldear23. 

I gave a refresher course on one point perspective.  

Then, I told the students to draw a city using one point perspective.
I told them to use James Rizzi Style buildings.
Also, they had to have a Day or Night Sky in the Vincent Van Gogh "Starry Night" style.

They drew with pencil, outlined with sharpie, painted with watercolor, and outlined with sharpie again.

Have a look at the results!


Yes, this was a C O M P L I C A T E D  project.  Here's "Complicated" that was released by Avril Lavigne in 2002.


1965

2 comments: