Monday, July 11, 2016

Calico Cat at School Art Activity

The 4 year old kindergartners rolled marbles and painted these cute calico cats.  They were studying the letter C.  Cute Calico Cats, huh? 
 
 
I did not do this art project with the kids.  I just happened to pass through the building and took a photo of these kitties.
 
If I were doing the project, here would be my directions.
 
Directions:
 
Read the book Calico Cat at School by Donald Charles. (1981)  The book is about a cat going to school.  The book would be great for the pre-k kids because school is so new to them.  I found the book on Amazon.  Have a look-
 
 
After reading the book, I would guide the kids as they drew a cat.  Then, I would sharpie their drawings. 
 
Once the cat drawings were complete, we would put the cat drawings in a box with orange, yellow, and brown paint. 
 
The kids would drop marbles in the box.  They would roll the marbles around until the white cats looked like calico cats.


 
"What's New Pussycat" was released the year that I was born, 1965. The song was nominated for the Academy Award for Best Original Song in 1966. Tom Jones' song peaked at #3 in the US.
 
1965

No comments:

Post a Comment