Thursday, May 26, 2016

Easy Art Lesson Using the Children's Book Uncle Andy's Cats

Okay, so I am going to do a unfinished artwork blog post.  Maybe some people will say, "Well, that is not cool," but I just cannot let this cute little project just pass away without a little share. 
 
 
I came across the book below, "Uncle Andy's Cats" by James Warhola.  I love incorporating children's literature into art activities. 
 
Here's the scoop!
 Directions:
 
I introduced the book using this read aloud video link Read Aloud Uncle Andy's Cats.
I provided the kids with a picture of Andy and his cats. 

 
I worked to show the kids how to overlap the cats in their drawing.  I thought they really did a great job with this!

 
In my end of the year teacher tired brain, I thought it would be a good idea to use watercolor crayons.  Well, my art teacher friend, Laura, reminded me at the end of the day that watercolor crayons never work for me.  She was definitely right on this specific project.  The kids did enjoy using the watercolor crayons.  They thought dipping a crayon in water was a treat!
 
 
I would love to see the one below completed.  The colors are amazing.
 
 
Look at the creative genius below.
 
 
 Here's a few Andy Warhol links-
 
Throwing back to 80s.  I do believe this was one of Soul Sister 1969 favs.  The Stray Cats doing "The Stray Cats Strut".
 

 
1965

No comments:

Post a Comment