Monday, March 21, 2016

2nd Grade Cutting Warhol Eggs

To celebrate Easter with the second grade, I referred to Andy Warhol art.  Who remembers "Eggs" by Andy Warhol completed in 1982?  The 2 Soul Sisters have taught Andy Warhol on many occasions.  Have a look HERE.
 
Take a look at the result below!  Lots of eggs!
 
Here's one of Andy's prints.
 
 
Directions:
 
I showed the video below about Andy Warhol.
 

 
 I gave the kids black paper.
The kids chose 3 or 4 pieces of various colors of construction paper.
The kids cut out eggs and glued them to the black construction paper with glue sticks.
All the kids were successful!
A great way to bring Easter and Art together.
 








 
 Andy Warhol made this self-portrait in 1967.
 
 
The Beatles released "I am the Walrus" in 1967.
 
Why the Walrus song in this post?
This post is about eggs and in the song you will find,
"I am the eggman
They are the eggmen
I am the walrus
Goo goo g' joob"
 
Here is a cool video by Stevie Riks. Click here for Stevie Riks website..  There's lots of popping color with lyrics full of psychedelic nonsense.  I love it!
 

 
1965

No comments:

Post a Comment