Friday, January 29, 2016

Valentine's Day Art Project

5th Grade splattered the Love last week.
Directions:
 
I talked a little about Robert Indiana.
Here's a quick Robert Indiana video.
Then, I talked a little about Jackson Pollock.
I showed the Art with Mati and Dada video about Jackson Pollock Jackson Pollock video.
 
I gave the kids a  large piece of red paper and four 5" x "5" squares of black paper.
 
I told the kids that they had to draw the letters L, O, V, and E, on red paper, but the letters had to be larger than the 5" x 5" piece of black paper.
 
I told the kids that they had to cut out the letters L, O, V, and E.
 
I told the kids each letter had to hang off the piece of the 5" x 5" sheet of black paper.
 


 
The kids glued the red letters on the black paper.
The kids trimmed the letters.
 
 
Then, the kids glued the 4 squares on a piece of white paper.
The kids topped off the art with some smattering and splattering of white paint.
 
Here you have it, Robert Indiana meets Jackson Pollock.
 

 
Taylor's work is below.
She is a great artist.
She went to Scottsdale, Arizona, and saw....
 
THIS ROBERT INDIANA SCULPTURE!
Don't you just love it?
Love the Love, Love the handstand, and Love Tay-Tay!
 
This is what "IT" is all about.
 
Parents taking kids places before they become big people.
Parents showing kids things and making stuff real.
Kids making connections with people, places, and things.
 

 
Funny tidbit.
When Tay-Tay text me this picture over Thanksgiving, I was literally at Olympic Sculpture Park with my daughter in Seattle, Washington.  See previous post here-1965 at Olympic Sculpture Park
 
Here's Donnie Iris & the Cruisers singing "Love is Like a Rock".
 


1965

No comments:

Post a Comment