Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Claes Oldenburg "Modern 'POP' Art"














I use to teach art at Rising Starr Middle School. I recently was looking for something and pulled out my portfolio that I kept from my days at RSMS. I had to post this...Yes, It was a great lesson. I worked with the Cafeteria staff on this one. We collaborated with Family and Consumer Science (Home Ec) with my good buddy Carmen Eiserman. We also consulted with Karen Spangler of the Fayete County Board of Education's C.A.R.E Team to create a bulletin board and wall display of items labeled "Food For Thought". The C.A.R.E. Team represented Children at Risk in Education. click here to learn more. We networked and got the whole school and community involved with this art history lesson.

See more information of Claes Oldenburg here
Directions:
Break up into groups
Introduce Oldenburg
Discuss "Food for Thought"
*Tie in Bullying and Peer Pressure
Remember: Words HURT and you can't take them back!
Create a lunchroom tray of a balanced meal using art materials
Use any supplies in the art room keeping Claes Oldenburg's Style in mind
Refer to previous knowledge learned in Home Ec - Thanks Mrs. Eiserman
Display in hallway

We called the county office and they contacted the paper and an article was written about this art lesson in The Fayette County News

Good times...takin' it back to early 2000's on this Fine Tuesday!
Remember you are what you eat =)
1969

No comments:

Post a Comment