Saturday, October 15, 2011

Paper Mache Cake

by karen #1965 third grade teacher so...would you rather make a cake or bake a cake?...or better yet...what is the difference?...well, when you make a cake, you make it with art stuff...when you bake a cake, you bake it with grocery store stuff...
hey...speaking of grocery store stuff...i had grocery store feet when i was a kid...did u?...they looked like this...

can you tell the difference in a cake you make and a cake you bake?
well, let's see...can you tell which one is fake?
here is cake #1

here is cake #2

 so which cake is fake?
ready...?
i said, are you ready????
taaadaaaa...
the anticipation is killing you, isn't it?
the fake cake is...
wanna hint?
you are correct!  the fake cake is cake #2!
my smart, artsy daughter made cake #2
we had to purchase the goods to make it at walmart
cake #2 was more expensive than cake #1
a very sweet grandmother made me cake #1 for teaching her grandchild
oh the benefits of teaching children....yum yum...
(donna summer, 1978)
someone left the cake out in the rain  
I don't think that I can take it
'cause it took so long to bake it
and I'll never have that recipe again
Oh, nooo!
happy saturday, october 15, 2011
p.s...i like to make cakes...with art stuff...just sayin'....cooking cakes..ahh...not so much....
p.s.s....want chocolate pie that minny baked?


bahahahahahahaha...
can't say that i do...
LOL!

p.s.s.....i think i goofed...i thought this post had not been posted...i thought it was a draft from back in may...so i was just fixing it with the new cake thots...and i went to preview it...and i saw comments...i had already posted it...oh well...bloggers goof sometimes...and maybe you didn't see it before....maybe you needed to think about grocery feet...maybe you needed to laugh at the thot of minny's cake......i just do not like "miss" hilly...she is the biggest jerk...did you know that she is ron howard's daughter?...ron howard..you know, opie taylor...

ron howard as opie on andy griffith


bryce dallas howard "miss" hilly with her dad

the scene from the help


now remember this folks...
u is kind....u is smart...u is important!

💚, 1965

3 comments:

  1. We love the TV show Cake Boss!!!!!! It is an art!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must admit, I don't like Cake Boss - but I love the show Ace of Cakes! The people don't all yell at each other like on Cake Boss and instead are all so quirky-cute.
    I was thinking - cake sculptures from scrap materials could be a fun 3-D take-off lesson from Wayne Thiebauld's (sp?)beautiful paintings of cakes. What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I once almost ate a fake sugar cookie. A friend made them in one of her art classes and they were set out on a pretty plate around Christmas. They had little seed beads for sprinkles and even though I thought "these sprinkles look like beads" as I was moving it to my mouth I didn't put it together until someone stopped me!

    That was just a side story that I thought of as I admired your daughter's fake cake! :)

    ReplyDelete