Sunday, May 16, 2010

cokes, candles, and crayons


by karen #1965 third grade teacher my son likes art, too...recently, he brought home a piece he did at school...so it is a coke bottle with candle wax and crayons dripped on it...i mean...think about it...you are recycling here...get some old crayons, an old coke bottle, and an old candle...hold the candle near the crayon and let the wax drip on the coke bottle...

if i were doing this project, i would get some popcorn to go along with the coke......kids love drinking from glass bottles...i don't know why...u could also get some old orange crush bottles or some other vintage bottle off of ebay...

kids like doing stuff like this.....they like playing with fire...

this reminds me of a side story...when me and #1969 were kiddies (elementary school), we had twin beds...our beds had matching pink comforters...and well...#1969 was playing with matches or a lighter or something...well, i saw her, but i was eating doritos...and watching tv...and all of the sudden, i look and see the polyester pink comforter in flames...wow!...mama comes running back there and did the fireman thing...and then, she let us have it...now, i got punished, too...we were put on restriction...i never understood why i had to be put on restriction, 2...i mean, i was just eating doritos...

so...don't eat doritos while ur little sister plays with fire...

rolling stones, 1965

Now you’ve got some diamonds and you will have some others
But you’d better watch your step, girl
Or start living with your mother
So don’t play with me, ’cause you’re playing with fire
So don’t play with me, ’cause you’re playing with fire

happy may 15, 2010!

2 comments:

  1. I remember that...I think I was burning yarn? duh, who does that...I am sure I was working on some craft project just not a good place to be doing it. (Maybe I should have had an art studio then! It was summer and we couldn't get on the slip-n-slide for a week!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete