Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Masterpiece Parents (Oh yeah...this is what I call my parent volunteers!)

Yes, I (#1969) believe that each classroom (art or regular classroom) should have a few kindred spirits around to help them with super fun class projects. You see, I have a good friend that helped me coin this term when we moved to Tallahassee from Fayette County, Georgia...(Thanks, MH)


Right now I have 2 really great artsy friends that come in and volunteer each week! Thanks RJ & VZ....I appreciate your support. I know most classrooms have a "To Do List" for volunteers - not me...Once I get you in the classroom...we are hands on all the way. I have taught in 3 schools and in each school that I have been employed at I have always had parents helping in the art room. I think it is great because with art - I feel like I can just bounce ideas off of them and we just go with the flow.

My classroom is very open - heck, if you are on campus....come on in and I will gladly let you help with art projects that we are creating. So folks- that is my tid bit for today….the more hands the merrier!  I found an article about using parent volunteers in the classroom. Check it out - when you have time because I really think they can be your biggest advocates!
x0x, Kim

2 comments:

  1. That is wonderful! Parents/volunteers can really be a big help! I am happy to see you are open to helpers. Some teachers are not. Good for you-and so nice for you to acknowledge them. A big round of applause!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So inspirational and heart warming to see volunteers in the art room, which is so often overlooked in many cases. You are amazing!!!! Can't wait to be your neighbor this week ;)

    ReplyDelete